Please click the image below to read our latest Annual Report
If you would like to download a copy, please right click and select Save As…
Welcome To The Befriending Scheme
The Befriending Scheme provides friendship and learning opportunities for people (16yrs+) from vulnerable groups, including those with mental health needs and older people, as well as our existing members with learning disabilities. We also offer various volunteering opportunities with extra support for those who need it.
Founded as a registered charity in 1989 as West Suffolk Befriending Scheme, our core activities are running regular drop-in centres, now known as Hubs, building meaningful 1-to-1 friendships between vulnerable people and volunteer befrienders, evening Befrienders Clubs and Saturday morning groups.
We also run one-off themed activity days, workshops and social events as well as providing volunteer training and support for carers across the county.
- Annual Report 2016/2017
- Summer party 2017
- Breathing Space sessions in Norfolk
- A Message from our CEO, Shirley Moore
- Recruitment Opportunities @ The Befriending Scheme
- Get Your Summer Party Tickets Now!
- Bringing Energy To Life: New Free Service!
- TBS At Party In The Park
- Sunday Lunch Club – 16th July
- My Life My Future – Suffolk County Council Consultation On Changes To Services For People With Learning Disabilities